Humble Confidence

My wife asked what is "Humble Confidence"? I told her it is one of the 5 principles of
Working Class Parenting.

1- Education
2- Family Finance
3- Faith and Compassion
4- Love and Discipline
5- Humble Confidence

She said "That's great, but what IS....Humble Confidence?"

I tried to explain that it is when parents teach their kids to be confident (Believe in themselves and who they are), but at the same time be humble (to know it's not all about them and they are not better or above other people).

Found a good article by Pastor Cecil Thompson about this subject and I like the scripture he starts with.


Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.That is Humble Confidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Soccer parents to remember from a Pastor

5 Tips for Fathers on Love and Discipline

Monday Morning After Hurricane Sandy