Kids Art - Did I Just Throw Away a Masterpiece?

I am having a personal dilemma. How do you decide what to do with all your child's art projects (and there are lots of them)!

I've listened to a few motivational speakers that talk about getting the belief back, that you can do anything by remembering when you were a child and thinking that every piece of paper was special. That you were special.

Then the speaker asks, "When did we lose that feeling, when did you stop believing in you?" I have a fear that 20 years for now, my daughter will jump up at this imaginary conference and yell, "When I found a pile of my unicorn pictures in the trash, that's when!"

Unrealistic, sure.
Daily thought that runs through my head, Yes.

So what to do. Every time I take one of her creations to the garbage am I throwing away the early work of the next Jackson Pollock. Kind of looks like it to me.

Art!
Art?
I know most people now say take a picture and save it, and there is an app just for saving your child's art work called artkive.

But do you want to jump on a plane and go to Europe to see the "Mona Lisa"... on some dude's smart phone? I didn't think so.

But yes something has to be done before the people from the show "Hoarders" come to my house to see the piles and piles of peace symbol crayon pictures in all the bathrooms.

So besides toss it, and photo shop it, what do you do with your child's art?









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Soccer parents to remember from a Pastor

5 Tips for Fathers on Love and Discipline

Monday Morning After Hurricane Sandy