Monday = Monster vs. Mini-Gandalf = My Daughter

Well played, Monday. Even when I decide to get up early and attack you full force, occasionally you knock me around pretty good and send me home a bit discouraged with a huge stress monster on my back. But I have a secret weapon.....

My daughter, she likes to watch out the front window to see when I come home, because we have a deal. If I've had a bad day at work, I just knock on the door and then take a knee.

Then she opens the door and runs into my arms with a big daddy's home hug. (My wife got a picture of it today.)

And don't you know that stress monster gets knocked off my back for a while. It will still be there tomorrow waiting for me, but with that hug, my daughter isn't just saying she is happy to see me, she is telling that monster...

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!
       


Sorry I had to let my geek flag fly and you can't see it, but my daughter's hair is as long as Gandalf's beard.

Question:
What do your children do when you get home that takes your bad day away?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Soccer parents to remember from a Pastor

5 Tips for Fathers on Love and Discipline

Monday Morning After Hurricane Sandy