Smart, Strong, Beautiful, Priceless, and Cherished

My wife does a bedtime routine with our daughter; brush teeth, say prayers, and hugs and kisses. Then I take over for bedtime book reading, bible verse, and my hug and kiss. And as I leave the room, I like to tell my daughter:

You are smart,
You are strong,
You are beautiful,
You are priceless,
You are cherished,

and I Love You!

I hope by putting those words in her head and that feeling in her heart, she will forget whatever troubles a 6 year old girl might have, and go to sleep feeling special.

Question:
What do you say to your children to make them feel special at bedtime?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Soccer parents to remember from a Pastor

5 Tips for Fathers on Love and Discipline

Monday Morning After Hurricane Sandy