A Teacher's love for their students!

One Friday afternoon as my students were leaving the classroom after the bell had rung for dismissal, one of my students came up to me and gave me a hug (just as she often does). In a quiet voice I heard her say, "I wish I could tell you that I love you, but I can't because you are not my mom". With an wonderful feeling of appreciation, I returned the hug and told her, "I love you because you are my student, and I don't have to be your mom to say it!" As she hugged me just a little tighter that afternoon and then let go, I saw a beautiful smile, a smile that I knew was genuine. I knew once again, that I not only do my job of being a teacher because it is my passion to teach and inspire young people, but I do it because of the fulfillment it brings to my life and to each life I touch!

As a parent you hope and pray that your children are inspired and encouraged daily by their teachers. Pray for them everyday! (We need it)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips for Soccer parents to remember from a Pastor

5 Tips for Fathers on Love and Discipline

Monday Morning After Hurricane Sandy